View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 02:55 PM   #87
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
I agree that it's biased, I admit I only took 3 min. to do a search and copy+paste/format and that it's an imperfect source. However, the basic information contained therein is still accurate and usable. I ask that you don't focus on the depictions of the army, etc. and more on the history (less opinion) and progression of the landgrab. The gist I was trying to convey concerns the escalation of immigration-related violence mentioned by dude following the 1947 U.N. partition.
the "basic information" is NOT "accurate and usable" imo.

the violence in the area began in the mid 1930's, caused by two forces in the region: the british, who began to stop the immigration of mostly european jews fleeing the persecution in their homeland using force in attempts to stop the jews from settling/entering the region, and second by the muslim nationalists who (correctly I must say) foresaw their own plans for a pan-arabic country threatened by the establishment of a jewish state.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote