View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #140
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
The INT was a guess, it was a good guess but if Manning would have saw Burress' hand go up (to go deep) it would have been a TD the other way. Miss-communication on offense more than it was a great INT. IMO it wasn't a missed tackle, that was him giving up and not even attempting to do anything at all but ease up and watch him walk in. That can't happen, especially as a rookie trying to earn a spot and a name. Hopefully he will be fine but I would scale back his playing time to send a message.
Well I didn't state it was a great INT. I agree. It was heads up play. It wasn't as easy as you're making it though. Especially since Jenkins kept his eyes on the ball the whole way rather than following Burress. Had he did the latter it wouldn't have even been a INT. It was a missed tackle IMO. He's stated he didn't give up on the play. He assumed that someone else was going in for a tackle. That's what it looked like to me. Looked exactly like a guy who assumed someone was going to make a tackle and didn't and by the time he reacted someone got the tackle. It looked a lot worse than it really was. Its not an excuse though. He should never assume anything. Especially at cornerback. But by no means did he do it just because he didn't want to get dirty like some are stating. He's had a pretty good season. Not as good as Derek Ross' rookie season or Terrence Newman's but he's held his own. He's gotten burnt but he's learning from it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote