View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #86
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Rumor has been shot down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

As you regulars know, I never do this but this whole Dallas-Toronto thing that's floating around there this morning is creating reaction well beyond proportion.

So ...

The deal is not going to happen, was never going to happen, will never happen and you can all go back to your regularly-scheduled lives, as I will with a visit to Super Son's orthodontist and my doctor, exactly the way I was going to spend an off-day before I got sidetracked with this garbage.

I have no idea why the story was made up or out there in the first place but one guy I talked to around the league used the words "total" and "nonsense" in a conversation.

Think about it: Yes, Howard is good, although many will tell you his skills and impact are declining. Diop has perhaps the worst contract for value in the league with four years and about $25 million to run -- after this year - and a trade kicker that increases the value. This for what? A rebound or two, maybe a point or two a game? Come on, are you serious? Antoine Wright? If he gets another NBA contract after next year I'll be shocked.

For what? The best young big man on Toronto's roster and the most valuable expiring contract? Do you all think Bryan has lost his mind?

I have no idea who the writer is or what hoopsworld is or why this fiction got out there but it did and it's ridiculous. End of rant.

Well, sort of.

This is a prime example of why you should trust and know the sources of your news and speculation. And it's precisely why I don't traffic in fantasy.

See you later for the game.
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote