Thread: Mein Drumpf
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 02:09 PM   #374
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I honestly hate getting into political "debates" because most of the time it's 100% pointless for one reason or another. But you caught me in a good mood today ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There is absolutely NOTHING in Trump's actions that indicates he listens to anyone about anything... Even Ivanka says he doesn't really listen to her advice, so you think he's going to listen to Steph Curry
Again, this may be the case, but "taking my ball and going home" is definitely the more childish attitude to take. Seems to me, that they (and not just Curry) would use this as a prime opportunity to act as an good example. Even tell the media exactly what he plans to say to the president. Let me you ask this question, if YOU were extended an invitation to meet the president and it was publicly known, would you not rather say "Yes, I'm going to ask him about blah blah blah and see his response"?

Quote:
and suddenly tell cops to stop killing black people?
I have several friends that are police officers. I would literally bet my life that they are not "killing black people". Would you bet your life that they do? This kind of statement is a huge part of the problem. Are there bad cops? YES! But I also believe that is the vast minority of them. I also give them a ton of leeway to deal with "work situations". If I have a bad day at work, I come home in a grumpy mood. If they have a bad at work, they go home in a body bag ... for $50-70k a year including overtime. There are bad people in every single profession. But I will never condemn all officers, fire fighters, or teachers. They all are grossly underpaid for what they do and deal with on a daily basis. If you want to come up with ways to figure out the bad ones and get them out, that's different. But to blanket make statements like "cops kill black people" is flat out wrong.

Quote:
You Trump supporters live in pure delusion, Steph doesn't.
This is another one of my pet peaves .... "You Trump supporters". You must live in a 100% black-and-white world. Do I think Trump is an idiot? Do I wish he would put down the twitter crack pipe? Do I wish we had a different president? Yes, yes and yes. Do I wish Hillary was president over Trump? No. There is your black-and-white. I was given exactly 2 choices: Trump or Hillary. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I have more on this topic but I'll save it for the end which I hope you make it to before clicking on the reply button.

Quote:
Plus, Steph turning down a White House invitation has already seen major results. He goaded the president into saying some pretty stupid shit about the NBA and NFL, which has owners (responsible for 7% of Trump's campaign donations) turning against him publicly. Hitting him in the wallet is the only thing he understands, and Curry just hit him hard (well, Trump hit himself, but it's not difficult to manipulate that idiot).
Again, it wasn't just Steph ... it was multiple players. What I actually found most interesting that from the comments I saw, Draymond was actually the most calm and reasonable of all of them. But what was the biggest kick in the nuts was when Adam Silver decided to step in and make a statement that he was disappointed. It should have just read something like this ... "I'm disappointed in the White House not extending us an invitation so that we could publicly deny it and show him up. So there. Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyaaaaaaah."

I'd like to come back to the "You Trump supporters". I know I'm on a basketball forum and not in any semblance of official debate, but this is exactly what turned lots of people away from Hillary and even Trump that were somewhere in the middle. When using phrases that denigrates ... like "sons of *****es" or "basket of deplorables" ... you may as well forget winning any arguments because you just proved that you have zero interest what is actually being said. If you want to have a serious discussion which is usually what goes on in these forums and why I've been here for nearly a decade now, it's the fact that most of time its reasonable argument for/against topics in an adult-like manner. Politics is an extremely difficult and touchy subject. Even though I'm hiding behind an internet wall and not face-to-face, I still respect the seriousness of this discussion. If all I wanted to do was rant and rave, then there are plenty of other places to do that. I also realize that being anti-republican (see the black-and-white reference there as well as the negative connotation?) is definitely the norm in here, but I just thought I would try to state something from a different perspective.

Last edited by MavzMan; 09-25-2017 at 02:10 PM.