Thread: Mavs seeding
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 09:41 AM   #59
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
This ain't happening the Lakers unlike the Mavs have proven they can win games now without their star players.

If someone had asked me a month a ago if they could continue to win I would have said NO way in hell.

And even if they do play the Mavs in a play in game they would kick our ass so we would be the team to play Golden St not LA.

Also impressed with Phoenix....

I'm not sure how the Suns surpassed the Mavs so quickly when the Mavs were talked about as being the team with the bigger upside.

Phoenix Front office has done an amazing job surrounding Booker & Ayton with with solid talent far superior then what Dallas has done surrounding Luka and KP in the same amount of time.
I find the Suns part disingenuous at best...

The Suns didn't trade firsts to get Ayton like the Mavs did with Luka. The Suns didn't trade firsts to get booker like the Mavs did with KP. Comparing their moves after the arrival of KP can't be more night and day different from an asset perspective.

The Suns took 5 years to become competitive after drafting Booker. They surrounded him with so much "help" during that time that they drafted in the lottery every year after Booker was drafted. During that time they drafted in the top 5 in 3 different years(Bender-bust, Jackson-bust, Ayton- hard to bust a #1 pick but they could have had Luka), the 6th pick once(Traded down for Cam), and the 10th pick once(Jalen). The Mavs meanwhile after moving up for Luka immediately that season moved heaven and earth to get him a co-star. And have had 1 1st round pick since Luka's arrival(Green). Can anyone imagine how much this place would meltdown if we took 5 years being patient and drafting and busting like the Suns did after Booker? We made it to the playoffs the year after Luka got here and we meltdown in every GDT. Luka's skill alone makes us drafting in the top 5 let alone number 1 impossible though honestly.

We are comparing a team that has picked in the lottery for like 12 of the last 14 years to the Mavs who have been competitive with the exception of Dirks final years for an incredibly long time. Those things matter because the Steve Nash trade to LA led to the drafting of Mikal Bridges. They are a good looking team and grats to them but the only area the Mavs are total failures imo is free agency. Even if people want to complain about Bey vs Green that's one pick and one that was significantly later than the Suns have picked since Booker's arrival.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote