View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 09:59 AM   #63
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportyChannel View Post
Mavs roster next season
PG - Conley/JJ
SG - Matthews/Harris/Jefferson
SF - Anderson/Prince
PF - Dirk/Lee/Powell
C - Dwight/Mejri/2nd Round pick
I was going to make an argument that our scoring would drop off too much in the starting lineup with the loss of Parsons, but then I compared everyone's per-36 PPG this season (not exactly scientific, but I'm making an overall point about scoring):

Williams 15.6
Matthews 13.3
Parsons 16.7
Dirk 20.9
Zaza 11.8
TOTAL: 78.3

Conley 17.5
Matthews 13.3
Anderson 12.1
Dirk 20.9
Dwight 15.3
TOTAL: 79.1

Obviously the bench would affect our nightly production, but it looks like the additions of Conley and Howard would more than make up for the loss of Parsons... Hell, the scoring even goes up a little here, which is kinda surprising considering that Anderson has nowhere to go but up.

This doesn't really solve the problem of Dirk still having to carry the scoring load, but 4 years of Monta and Parsons haven't really fixed that either, so whatever. The hope here is that you can squeeze more out of Howard on the offensive end than Houston could, plus you get a healthy Wes and give Anderson the opportunity to flourish.

Of course, you also have to consider what your odds are of even signing Howard if Parsons isn't recruiting... And if you don't get him, how do you entice Conley? Or how do you lure Whiteside/Horford/Gasol instead of DH? That's the biggest problem I see with this plan -- it's gonna be tough to one-up the rest of the league when everyone else has the cap to offer max contracts too. What's the pitch without Parsons?

But I certainly do agree with your overall point that Anderson has made the need to keep Parsons a little less certain/necessary, and that maybe JA is the better overall option going forward (especially when you weigh a max contract vs a rookie contract).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-09-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote