View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 AM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:ESPN's TOP 10 football Players

sanders was not better than emmit. they played at the same time and until about 97 there was no question emmit was always the best rb in the nfl. Sanders has the most carries for negative yards in nfl history. YPC is overrated. Troy hambrick had a 5.2 ypc average one year. About barry -2, -3, 2, punt, 2, -3, 3 punt 75 comes out as a great average but its not really that helpful. I would put emmits prime 92-96 against anyone in history. Payton was great no disputing that but in any other case a player with similar stats the tie goes to the guy with more rings. Emmit was also the best running back ever at getting into the endzone which is the job of any running back. Emmit didnt have the full skill set? I havent looked it up but i know he had at least 1 60 reception season. He was also a great blocker at picking up the blitz. My point about the rings statistically marino is number 1 qb wise by alot. However he doesnt have rings so people with rings get ranked ahead of him and his teams had no talent either. I know payton has a ring and this isnt meant as a knock on him but seeing emmit the last couple of years must have made you forget about his heyday because he was as good as it gets for a long time.

Im assuming you want favre to replace baugh which is fine but hes not better than the first 3. If anything I woulda put elway first montana second and unitas 3rd but thats just me. No real problem with how they did it there.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote