Thread: Mike Dan Toni
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mike Dan Toni

Coach Curses As Garden Crowd Chants For Steph
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10312008...or__136128.htm

"Mike D'Antoni had no time to enjoy his first victory as Knicks coach, because he was on the defensive yesterday after TV cameras caught him in a cursing fit while fans were chanting for banished Stephon Marbury to be put into the game.

With some in the Garden crowd surprisingly chanting "We Want Steph" with 11:10 remaining in the fourth (others booed the chant), a stewing D'Antoni was caught on MSG Network cameras Wednesday in a tirade, mouthing:

"You've got to be (bleeping) kidding me. You've got to be (bleeping) kidding me. What a bunch of (bleep) holes."

Yesterday after practice, D'Antoni acknowledged his frustration with the Marbury chanters, showing how strongly he believes the lightning-rod point guard does not belong on the court. Marbury received a DNP, his second of his career, and is out of the rotation indefinitely despite likely being the team's most skilled player.

"Sometimes I don't think the fans quite get it," D'Antoni said. "It's like who you draft. They're going to boo. When you make a big decision, someone's going to like it, someone's not. You'll hear from the people who don't.

"Did I look exasperated?" D'Antoni added. "I was into the game. You get so much adrenaline at that point and you react. I'm into the game, into the moment. Sometimes I can be better than that. I'll make mistakes. I'll do better."

D'Antoni is known for his emotional rants on the sidelines, his battles with officials and his stubbornness and belief in his convictions that eventually led to his feud with Suns' management. "
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote