View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even know how to approach analyzing this game. Jet was awesome, although he had stretches of being WAY too aggressive. Roddy had a solid game, but I thought his defense was a pretty big factor in the Spurs getting back in the game. Roddy also needs a lot of work running the pick and roll with Dirk, because right now it's not pretty.

Vince was just awesome. It's so huge to have a player with his offensive abilities on this roster while Dirk is struggling. Speaking of...Dirk was terrible offensively but the rebounding seems like a very good sign moving forward. I bet he's locked in before this week is over.

Loved what Haywood gave the team when he was in. Sure wish he could rediscover his FT stroke from a few years ago. There's a noticeable drop off on defense when he's not on the court in crunch time.

Odom was pretty invisible again. I continue to fear that he's going to be relegated to nothing but backup PF by the end of the season (if he's still here). And even at the level he's playing at now, there's nothing wrong with a backup PF of that caliber. But he was supposed to be so much more.

The Dom Jones appearance makes me feel like even Rick thought the game was over too early. I continue to view DJones as a non-NBA player.

Oh, and Delonte was terrible on both ends of the floor. I wonder if the hammy was still a bit sore, but he played through it with Kidd out.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-29-2012 at 10:06 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote