View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 09:41 AM   #6
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Big Contracts for Mavs to Look in a 2-1 or 3-1 Deal

Presuming we don't sign Dampier (since he wants a big contract), I don't see another Center out there who can come in and do a better job of helping us this year. We have Bradley, Booth & L8 who know Nellie's system and Benga & Pavel who're young and promising. "Center by committee"and nearly 30 fouls to give when needed!! As a group, decent rebounders and great shot-blockers. Offensively, they aren't great but hopefully we don't need 'em to be.

We don't need another PF since we have one of the best in the league (Dirk) and decent backups in L8, Najera and may be Henderson if he's healthy.

So, I'd say go get a superstar (presuming they pass the physicals) such as Kidd or Carter for the right deal (by dumping some of our immovables, ex: TAW). Since we missed out on Shaq (Kupchak wouldn't have traded him to a WC team), Tracy (wimp who wanted to play w/ only Shaq or Yao) or Kobe (the drama queen that I'm so glad never left the Lakers), I think we still have a good chance of turning this into a great offseason if we can land either Kidd or Carter.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote