View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 12:02 AM   #16
GIGEMLAW

GIGEMLAW is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Big Contracts for Mavs to Look in a 2-1 or 3-1 Deal

fin4life

Actuall, you could do that deal if you could split the players up into two deals with the Knicks. The Knicks can trade Williams individually at any time, but must wait 60 days post-trade to trade Williams with other players in a package.

For instance, Thomas could be traded for Bradley and Henderson. Then, you could trade Williams for Stackhouse & Steffanson. I am not sure if the salaries match on the second one, but they do on the first one. It's pretty easy. Just go and look up Williams salary and see if it comes pretty close to matching the Stackhouse and Steffanson.

Of course, I don't think the Mavs do this deal. While I would like to have Williams, I wouldn't want B.A. Thomas. Plus, you are giving Stack away for less quality only to reduce roster size and not increase the talent level that much. In that trade, it would probably be better for the Mavs to just cut Steffanson, Henderson, and Dickau to get down to the 15 man requirement. Then, the Mavs would need to shop one of there centers for a PF.

Then you would have a roster that looks something like this:

PG Terry/Harris/AJ
SG Daniels/Stackhouse
SF Finley/Howard/TAW
PF Dirk/???
C Dampier/Booth/Benga/P-Pod

How about a Eschmeyer and Bradley trade for Je. Williams and a future 1st from NY?

GIGEMLAW is offline   Reply With Quote