View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #64
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by creditXpert2003
I am also a person that feels MJ would have not won those titles w/o Pippen. As I look back at champions I dont see a Superstar type player on a team that did not have a Pippen type(Hard nose) player as his sidekick. I dont think Shaq could win a title w/o a Kobe/Penny type of player as well. That is where I feel my form of MIP is needed on that team.

For example: I think that the Rockets could win a title "IF" Yao decided to be the my form of "MIP". I see the problem is that the Rockets have 2 MVP's trying to play as a team. I think if Yao becomes the ole Shaq sidekick to Kobe when they were winning titles, then they could win it all. Yao does not have to dominate as much on offense, but he needs to become a monster on defense like the ole Shaq did b4 they started losing. I feel that when Shaq decided not to be "MIP" and try to stay as MVP, then all craziness went about.

Shaq admitted that he should have handled Kobe differently. So, when he got Wade, he gave Wade the "MVP" role and became the "MIP". If Shaq had done this with Kobe, then I am not sure who could beat LA. I am discounting Kobe's selfishness, but Shaq could have let Kobe be "MVP". It was Kobe's time to be MVP of the team.
Hahahaha, dude i was looking to start anew but wow. You realize that what made shaq special at his absolute peak was his offense right? He was ALWAYS the MVP. Kobe was important(and on a WHOLE different level than Josh howard is) but Shaq was always the mvp.

I think the word you are looking for isnt even X-factor or robin. Its defensive player of the year for that respective team.