View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #71
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Chumdawg, you said "We should probably be a little nicer to new people who actually want to talk hoops."

Ignoring the dismissive arrogance adopted by the newbie from the get-go, how about considering the "discussion-worthiness" of the following statements by this bozo. Once you look at the things being said, it's hard to treat them seriously. You think these are credible statements worth discussing?

And keep in mind that before you can even deal with one of these gems, another two or three come gushing forth.

1. The Mavs are under the cap from 2007 forward.
2. Who is the Mavs MVP in 2009-2010 with this current roster? Howard!
3. I can name about 6 things working against this deal for now. These obstacles have been in place for all extensions for contracts.
4. [Howard] is also our best rebounder in traffic
5. MVP and MIP have different roles on a team
6. Since you are the smart one, please enlighten me on the 10-point breakdown of a player film session? I am clearly talking over your head, so just dont respond
7. Dirk is not a traffic rebounder
8. the hands are tied for the Mavs and Howard right now, unless Howard says he will accept the highest amount he can extend for right now.
9. That is why you see so many deals where the signing bonus is so high and the salary is lower.
10. Sometimes that huge signing bonus will put you close or over the cap just to get a deal done.
11. Sometimes when you see players fire agents real quick, is because language in the contract comes to light that is not in the best interest of the player.
12. Talk basketball 501 with me. ..Have you heard the basketball terminology "Basketball 501"?
13. For the record, Superstars from each team cancels out each other..Remember that....
14. Since I am a huge idiot dont reply to my posts.
15. do you know how smart a monkey is? Of course you don't, because you would not had let that come out of your lil mouth.
16. Howard does not have any plays for him, so his points have to come from transition points.
17. It has to happen like this to get the most from Howard. If they renew him now ...
18. This is why the Mavs should have waited another year to give Daniels that type of money.
19. Now if Howard was the MVP, this would had been taken care of with a shorter contract extension like Wade and Lebron's contracts.
20. And this is coming from a person who proclaims to be a "LORD"?????????????? Go figure
21. Do more research the Mavs last year for tax issues is 2007-2008 year(http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm). Tax is not an issue.
22. I am not going to hold your hand on it, just read up on it since it is your CBA bible, which it is still not the complete CBA info, and also is not the official rulebook on this situation, because there are still other loopholes in the CBA.
23. This tells me that you are indeed a journalist. Your credibility is now shot with me.
24. Until he tells me he has signed an actually contract and had an actual agent and attorney to decipher the CBA for him then dont expect me to see him as an self-proclaimed expert with the CBA.
25. Not even current NBA players can decipher it. It takes an attorney to decipher the CBA, and a good one at that.
26. It is hard for me to put it in words w/o an attorney, but their is alot of things behind the scene that the public dont have access to
27. All I am saying is that it is not "Cut" and "Dry" like most people think. I know this personally.
28. The Mavs are restricted to show their top hand right now because of the CBA.
29. Josh and his camp feel his value is more than what the max in the CBA can offer him.
30. It could be that Josh would accept the max extension contract, but the Mavs have not offered it yet
31. I am not an attorney or expert to the CBA and DLORD is NOT as well. If he was he would not be a writer, he would be an attorney.
32. Every NBA groupie is just as persistent as yourself. Ever heard of cold shoulder? What about falling on death ears?
33. Far from stupid or old, but I guess you are catechized enough to say that? I would never listen to a loquacious person like yourself when you post like this. Never mind how I decide to post, I just post and hit the submit button. When did a message board become the cream of society for spell check? See your last post farther proved that for the most part philistinism is a common trait in many who have blasted me simply because my view point was different. Now go break that down, Mr. Pundit...

That pile of sheer lunacy was all by one person, in one thread. One. There are so many factual errors and just stupid things said in there, you cant even begin to discuss them. And that's just a partial list.

And you think everyone should have stopped and tried to engage in some sort of serious hoops discussion with him, or considered his words as having some merit, when mixed in the middle of such a pile of manure?

You yourself tried to dig him out of his hole, and as soon as you turned your back, he had dug himself an even deeper one with DLord and others.

I'm sorry, but at some point when dealing with this type, all you can do is just take a step back and start laughing at the sheer folly.

Pirate steps back, he sizes up the target...He shoots HE SCORES!!!

Knock-out baby....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’