View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #75
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Well not counting Dirk for 2008 when he will be here is kind of important salary cap wise since he will eat about half of it.

As for the bad agents, I do agree with you 100% on that one. I disagree with alot of other stuff but Im proud of you for mentioning everything in a pretty well thoughtout manner and backing things up. Its not perfect but its a start.

As to the superstars canceling each other out, i just dont agree with that at all. did Dirk and wade cancel out? Stars win big games and championships. Also on Dirk tailing off, he will only be 33. Roughly the same age nash is and he should age well since he doesnt rely on extreme quickness or athletecism but skill and size neither of which should decline by then.
The Mavs have alot of contracts ending 2007-2008. Yes, Dirk will eat a large chunk,but there is alot of cap room from that point forward. That is why I said cap room is not the issue.

When I say cancel each other out, I am talking about in most games. I think that Dirk/Wade did cancel each other out in my opinion. Wade did better, but I think the main difference was Walker/Payton. W/O those two the Mavs would have won the title even with Wade's numbers. My opionion is that Howard's lack of production to back Dirk killed us.

Starting at around 31 those wheels start to fall off. Everyone is different but at 33 you can bet you are not the same player as you were at 27. Nash was able to re-invent himself with the help of that trainer. Here with the Mavs the last two years, I thought he was finished because the wheels had fallen off always late in the season and playoffs. This is usually sure signs of getting old.

By the time Dirk gets 33, the game will have changed again to even more quicker game. Right now as we speak the game is starting to speed up. As this happens, AI's age will catch him very quick. That is why it is so important to re-invent yourself around 30. Jordan did and became MJ. He had three stages of invention.

Air Jordan (Early)--quick, careless to the hole, Pistons were going to end his career
Jordan----(Middle) played tough defense, selective to the basket
MJ---(Later)--fadaway jumper took him to the next level and prolonged his legacy.