View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 01:45 PM   #14
FullBurst41

FullBurst41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:So we bombed an innocent wedding? Sounds like more hogwash to me...

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: FullBurst41
As I said, I don't relaly like either side of the story. You don't just kill forty militants in one bombing run. The Iraqis sure must'v eknown what was coming if they were militants firing upon American soldiers. On the other side of things, you do raise some valid concerns, though one could question whether the army reports can be fully trusted, seeing how such a kill score is unlikely at best. There are obviously two totally different sides to this story, and I'm not going to go with either at this time, until it is independantly confirmed whether it was an army hiccup or a heck of an army victory.
You are making a serious error if you are assuming that one bombing run can't take out 40 militants. It may not be the average, but it can be much much higher. You are standing on empty ground with that assumtion.
Technically ti can, it's just very unlikely to happen. These aren't the kind of guys that sit in fixed positions waiting to be bombed like an army inn defense might be. These guys know the dangers of airpower, and if you take American soldiers under fire, you know the birds are coming, or you've been badly trained. It's all possible, only very unlikely in my book. It also dependson what munitions were used. We don't know that for sure either (or do we?).