View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #4062
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
That really is amazing that Dirk took such a huge paycut to help his team. It shows tremendous character and loyalty. Dirk is pure class, and I think every NBA fan knows that.

BUT... isn't it kind of sad that he has to take a giant pay cut at this point in his career to keep his team competitive? Doesn't seem right to me. To me it's an indication of how screwed up the NBA's business model is. People like to criticize players like Kobe or Carmelo for not taking huge paycuts, and yes, maybe that is selfishness or greed on their parts. But still, I feel like a player's salary should be proportionate to what they produce. I don't think franchise players should have to take massive pay cuts so the team can afford to grossly overpay for role players. An all-time great like Dirk shouldn't have to take a massive pay cut so Cuban can afford to overpay Chandler Parsons or whoever else.
The owners committed fraud in the last negotiations. And I expect us to miss a full season of basketball in the next labor war because of it.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote