View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #34
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Love piles up his stats but he doesnt create all the open/easy shots for his team. He isnt this major factor for the entire team offense. Thats why Dirk is still better than Love. Thats why Dirk wins with average player 50+ games every year and Love doesnt sniff on the playoffs.

I hate the stupid argument "Love is better, here you can see with the PPG and RPG"

And yeah Blake is overrated as hell.
The argument with PPG and RPG holds water when you point to the fact that the dude is getting better. That's a tremendous upswing he's shown over the first portion of his career.

I would say you're right in the sense he hasn't created a lot of opportunities for his teammates, but there are multiple angles you can go off of that. Rubio is the straw that stirs their drink when it comes to setting guys up. Outside of last year, the Wolves haven't exactly had the greatest players beside Love to where he could capitalize on situations. That's where I'd say the front office comes into play, when you want to compare him to Dirk. Yeah, there have been average players around Dirk, but I'd say Love, outside of maybe Brewer and definitely Al Jefferson, has had below average players around him (pre 2011).

He might not create opportunities for his teammates in that sense, but he certainly creates extra possessions for his team based on the fact he's an elite offensive rebounder.