View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #21
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Banning assault rifles is only part of the current Federal proposal.

Also, banning assault rifles 50 years ago certainly would have helped the situation. Not as much as other options, but it would have helped. Just because the cat's out of the bag now too far to make an immediate impact doesn't mean you can't at least stop the problem from getting worse.
I am just curious why you think that banning assault weapons 50 years ago would have helped.

Full automatics have been banned since prohibition -- but they still seem to find their way into certain places they shouldn't be. See the two bank robbers in LA. They lasted quite some time because they out-gunned everyone else.

Lets see -- they are currently hunting down an ex-LA police officer -- he might very well have had one even if they were outlawed -- due to his job.

I don't mind having a discussion on this one any time. The facts are that when the citizenship is armed, they are less likely to have a government that they have to become slaves to.

Guns are tools, not the problem.

Putting all kinds of regulations to make some people sleep better at night never solves the issue.

Limit the number of bullets in a clip -- and someone will build a drum magazine that holds what they want in their back garage.
Limit the ability to fire full automatic -- someone will build a full auto in their back garage, then sell it on the black market for huge amounts of money instead of a small amount of money -- or get it stolen. It will be there either way.

The only thing limiting weapons does is allow the government (or whomever is making the rules) to limit the power of the law abiding citizen. It does nothing to the un-lawful at all. It does not fix the problem of someone going in an killing children -- the just do it another way.

Cars kill, planes kill, bombs kill, pipe kills, wrenches kill, rocks kill -- they just take an unstable person wielding them.

I have no problem with people having an open discussion about it. I have little use for assault weapons, but when you try to take my semi-automatic hog killing gun away........we might have an issue.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote