View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I am just curious why you think that banning assault weapons 50 years ago would have helped.
Because you'd be saying this about assault weapons:

Quote:
Assault weapons have been banned since prohibition -- but they still seem to find their way into certain places they shouldn't be. See the two bank robbers in LA. They lasted quite some time because they out-gunned everyone else.
"Finding their way into certain places" is a lot better than "owned by every other person in the south, including most of my family".

Quote:
I don't mind having a discussion on this one any time. The facts are that when the citizenship is armed, they are less likely to have a government that they have to become slaves to.
I don't disagree with this. No one within this current conversation is talking about disarming the citizenship.

Quote:
Guns are tools, not the problem.
They're most certainly part of the problem. Unquestionably.

Quote:
Putting all kinds of regulations to make some people sleep better at night never solves the issue.
Nothing *solves* an issue like this. But it can help.

Quote:
The only thing limiting weapons does is allow the government (or whomever is making the rules) to limit the power of the law abiding citizen. It does nothing to the un-lawful at all. It does not fix the problem of someone going in an killing children -- the just do it another way.
Let's just get rid of all the laws then. Because "laws are for the law-abiding citizens" right?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-12-2013 at 12:07 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote