View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #1326
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I do wonder if the Mavs would have given that contract to Chandler. Seemed like a no-brainer at first, but I'm not so sure they would have. Seems like the newer philosophy is to try and get younger. And the fact is that Chandler is pretty much guaranteed to get hurt every year, and he wasn't the same player after his hip injury mid season.

I would have been perfectly happy if they had chosen to keep him, and am not just saying this like a jealous ex gf. I just haven't seen any indication that the FO was going to give Chandler a contract as big as the one Phoenix offered.
If Chandler would have cost us Matthews then I'd have to agree.
Not sure if it would have been feasible but if the Mavs could have had a roster of:
Chandler/Dirk/Parsons/Matthews/Williams/Barea/Harris/Anderson/Aminu/Powell/Dalembert/McGee I'd like our chances going into next season.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote