View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 10:52 AM   #109
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

What I took away from game 1 is the Mavs unlike Memphis don't have as many guys on the floor to who can keep Curry, Wiggins, Poole and Klay from driving. The Grizzlies were able to force more bad shots because they could stay in front of people and they were quick enough to change directions on defense for those backcourt cut's.

The Mavs have just DFS and Bullock which is really good when your focus is just on 1-2 guys who could create their own offense but the Warriors have more than 1-2 guys so this series will be more difficult.

I will also repeat that I don't think it's a good coaching decision to use Luka on Wiggins. They were able to get away with Luka on Bridges but Wiggins offensive skill set is totally different.

Dude can operate from all 3 levels of the floor and put the ball on floor and attack.

Also, it's just one game but I was afraid the Mavs would be enticed into shooting even more 3's and get away from the Luka post up game and that is what happened in game 1.

I always get confused as to why the Mavs don't use him more inside because he's just as dominate as any true big although he's only 6'7. He gives you the same type of production as a Embiid or Ayton when you get him posting up a smaller player.

It's not a bad thing to work from inside out especially until a team proves they can stop him from posting up.

They came out and launched damn near 20 3's in the 1st Qtr without even trying to sniff the paint while the Warriors were spending time blowing by our guys when the 3's didn't fall.

I also have a lot to say to about Looney and how he just did all the simple things a big should do compared to our big's but it's not even worth the time getting frustrated over Powell or Bertans.

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-19-2022 at 10:53 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote