View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 11:46 PM   #115
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Don’t see why we aren’t allowed to be a little upset about nearly blowing a 29 point lead. On a basketball forum in the game thread. I’m very happy about the win, this team never lies down.

Aside from that, I feel horrible about what happened. I remember exactly where I was for Sandy Hook and kinda just laid in bed for days watching the coverage. It’s sickening what continues to happen
Definitely upset about blowing the lead. I didn’t want to be nervous in the 4th quarter of a game they started out with a 29 point lead. The coach/team need to learn from this. Never take your foot off the pedal — whoever is in the game. The 2011 Mavs were a perfect example of this mentality. In game 6 of the finals, even with the game/championship basically decided, it seemed like the whole team was wired to play to the 0:00 before even thinking about being relieved and happy about winning a championship.

Having said that, I’m very glad the Mavs didn’t get swept. Now it’s time to try to steal one in Golden State and put pressure on them to finish the series in Dallas.

Regarding the school shooting, just absolutely devastating. As a father of three elementary kids, it breaks my heart to see something like this happen. I can’t imagine what the families of all those affected by this tragedy are feeling. Just terrible
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote