View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #24
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He mentions 9/11 in ONE paragraph --
it's a very key paragraph, and it makes him sound like a kook.

Quote:
The irony is that Roberts' article is about how Americans aren't interested in seeking out the truth - your participation in this thread kinda proves his point.
Let me put it in words you'll understand, then: Roberts cares about the truth about as much as the people (excuse me, nebulous forces) that he's demagoguing. His economy is just different. He trades in rhetoric. Truth for him is simply convincing people he's right. Your inability to accept a negative thought about him without retaliating in personal attack, your unwillingness to ask questions rather than mimic some accusations that you once heard and thought biting, and your absolute unwillingness to think critically about even the expression with which your pet propagandist forms your thoughts are affronts to truth itself. And the more you uncritically attack anyone who dares speak askance of your precious Paul Craig Roberts, the more you end up feeding the ugly beast that Roberts preaches, and the more damage you do to lady liberty herself. You don't care for truth and we all suffer for it.

Quote:
He didn't get fired from the Wall Street Journal for writing an article about 9/11 - he got fired for stating that American companies who send American jobs overseas are bad for the American job market.
That's not what he said:
Quote:
But when I began criticizing Bush's wars of aggression, the order came down to Mary Lou Forbes to cancel my column.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote