View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #31
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Along the same lines and explaining my extreme absence of late....

I had a very nice job where I could handle my responsibilities with three, maybe four hours of serious attention a week until I screwed up royally and got promoted...

...twice...

...In the span of a year.

Major screwup on my part. I don't make much more money and I barely have time to sit and watch the 2nd half of mavs games these days, but I digress....

The company I work for, or maybe run is more accurate term these days, was going down the shitter fast. We'd lost 20% off of our top line, we lost clients we'd had for 80'years as an institution,our reputation was new York knick-esque, and we were bleeding cash at an alarming rate....

...all that and this--> the top level of management didn't see a problem.

Picture me (or some cross between Jethro Bodine and Barney Fife) yelling at grown men that if they don't take massive paycuts and other drastic measures that we're going to have to shut the doors on a 90 year old business...and these guys are wondering where we're going for dinner.

Anyhoo...i *won* that argument and then ran those out which explains my absenteeism of late, but germaine to the subject at hand....

The ability of persons at the top of the dung heap to deny reality is something not to be under-estimated. Mr. Roberts is absolutely correct that the political elite in our country are willfully blind to the obvious. We have untenable national debt, an unsustainable world-wide empire and a morally and intellectually decadent political class. Our nation is headed down the and all the folks at the top are doing is wondering what's for dinner.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-16-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: For the love of Jesus
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote