View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #43
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i was in the market for a new point & shoot camera so i made sure i got one with HD video capability. A lot of cameras have that, but i ended up getting the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS3 (there are newer models out now, but i think you can still get that one). I like the still camera ability of the panasonic, plus the use of AVCHD Lite format for the videos (smaller files).

I have completely abandoned using my previous camcorder. it is collecting dust. Granted, it wasn't HD, but the main reason I have stopped using it is that it is just so nice to have one device with you. Just the point & shoot. Take the pictures, and take the video. And the video is really good (720p on mine, but a lot of cameras do 1080 now). It used to be you could have a still camera that took good pictures but did crappy video, or a camcorder that took good video but crappy stills. But now, the still cameras have really good video ability.

Just something to consider.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-17-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote