View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #16
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I don't see this as an attractive location for Lebron or Wade due to the age of our stars. In my mind either of them would make us the favorite next year but with the lockout looming you could make the case that there's a one year window. Wade in particular has already won a championship with a team that quickly got old around him. I can't imagine he wants to be in that situation again if he can avoid it.
You're thinking of it the wrong way. These aren't #2 guys who need a young stars with lots of years ahead of them to compete. These are #1 guys who expect that a team will be built around them. If we get Lebron or Wade, we are as young as either of those guys (25 or 28, respectively). The age of our other stars is pretty much irrelevant.

These guys have huge egos--they're not worried about "oh, but what happens once Dirk is too old?" They're thinking, "Once Dirk is too old, I'll still be the man in Dallas, just like I will be the first day I get there."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote