View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 09:55 AM   #36
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Hopfully Dampier starts to become a double double guy soon..

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Quote:
I guess people have to find something to complain about.
You know, the annoying thing is that I really didn't intend to complain. I feel good about the team's (and Damp's) rebounding potential and I think they'll get it together, and I couldn't be happier about being 2-0. I'm just having a hard time with the inability/unwillingness of some people to recognize the weaknesses that obviously exist at this stage in the team's development.
I wasn't really trying to pick on you, but I don't think you can really look at the first two games and assume that the Mavs are going to be a poor rebounding team. However, it's easy enough to look at the roster and realize that if Josh Howard doesn't play 30 minutes a game (which he won't), the Mavs are not going to be a great rebounding team. And that's okay, IMO. They just need to be a good defensive rebounding team, which I feel like they will.

That said, I tend to agree with PE. At this point, I'm paying more attention to general trends, like the fact that the Mavs have led wire-to-wire and looked pretty darn impressive while still just getting acclimated to one another.