View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 04:14 PM   #17
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I wouldn't be against a wholesale change, but I think it's unlikely that Ellis opts out this summer. The cap is ballooning over the next couple of years and he probably wants to wait another year before going for a new contract.
I prefer to blow it up but if Monta opts in that would be about the best thing that could happen to the Mavs.
The worse thing that can happen at this point is for the Mavs to pay a premium price on a long term deal with Ellis.
If Ellis opts in and Chandler would sign a 1 or 2 year deal I could live with not blowing it up.

All I can say to my fellow Mavs who want to keep beating this dying horse is don't get pissed when some of the value guys we sign or trade for next season aren't able to hang with the elite players in the league.

Frankly I'm tired of the Odoms, Mayos, Kamans, Rondos, Nelsons, Collisons and a few others that were supposed to be great pickups and didn't amount to crap. There's a reason those players are available and we seem to be the last to figure out why.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote