View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 11:05 PM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Intellectual Trade

Quote:
Originally posted by: DCowboysGal
K. Garnett's rebounding, shot-blocking, and FG% numbers are worse than Duncan's because Garnett has played a lot at SF whereas Duncan has played exclusively in the post at PF/C. Garnett is more versatile offensively than Duncan because he has 3-point range on his shot whereas Duncan doesn't. Garnett also has better career steals numbers: 1.46/season to Duncan's 0.90/season.
So should one say that Antoine Walker is comparable to Duncan because his FG% numbers are worse than Tim's because of the excessive 3-point shooting he takes??? I dont care what position a guy plays, he is either more or less productive than someone else... You cant fault Shaq because he doesnt shoot outside of the paint anymore than you can talk-up KG due to his inside-outside game...

Regarding versatility, I say hands down KG is better, but the 3-point shot you speak of is not worth speaking of...

Don't get me wrong in anything I have said in this thread... I have never once said that Duncan is the best player in the NBA... I, like many of you, believe that should likely go to either KG or Shaq... Once Shaq retires, whenever that is, I believe the two best players in the NBA will be VERY close, and that they will be KG and Duncan... They bring so much more to the game than just offense and defense... They want to win and they make everyone around them better...

I only supported Duncan so strong because there are people on our fine board that like to label him as soft and as a player that is possibly not as talented as the not yet in his prime Dirk... Both bullshit by the way!