View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 11:11 PM   #228
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Personally, I don't find much value in Stack's penetration anymore. Many of his assists the other night were simply passing the ball to Dirk or Jet and watching them do their thing. It had nothing to do with anything other than throwing the ball to a great shooter. Assists can easily be one of the most overrated statistics in the game.

With that being said, Stack had a very good game the other night. I won't take that away from him. But, he still lacks his old athleticism, can't shoot, and makes way too many poor decisions. When that changes over the course of a month or two, get back with me. Otherwise, he's only had a couple of good games in a row.
Fine. Go back to the playoffs and tell me how the Mavs succeed without the penetration and ISO efforts of Stack and Devin. Devin completely altered two games with the Spurs. But, even in the games where Devin appeared by stats to do nothing, he did a lot. The defense was rotating a man over in anticipation. That is all it takes to open the Dallas offense up to score. Stack does the same thing. And, Stack is a more dependable scorer than Devin to date. Stack was crucial to our playoff success.

And, after pondering that, ponder this in your memory: When did the Mavs start to look really good last year? Answer: At the time that Stack returned (really returned, he was slow and out of shape at first) and the Mavs picked up Adrian Griffin. It is not a coincidence.

The Mavs' offense depends heavily on ISO ability to force the defense to rotate and double and leave someone open...
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote