Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 02:09 PM   #1326
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm curious why people think Doncic and DSJ would be such a terrible fit we would have to trade DSJ? I understand the concern about his possibly capped upside from athleticism, but I always counter with his elite bbiq which I believe more than off sets any concern but it's just my opinion nothing to base it on really. I think today's nba requires you to have more than one ball handler, and not just a ball handler but they better both be one of the best players on the team. The teams that have struggled the most seem to be the ones who only had one guy on the floor who can create plays and a defense can be implemented to at least force them into bad sets. If Harden and CP3 can co-exist and the trio of playmakers on the GSW's can all co-exist, and teams like the Raptors where the best player basically creates his own shot and nothing else. Then when Lowry is off the floor, and he isn't my ideal pg but when he's gone Derozan isn't creating for others, and you have a true backup pg caliber player creating for others. Offenses become stale and leads slip. A better example might be the pacers. When Oladipo was off the floor how hard was it to score? When he was on the floor all it took was sending a high double to force it out of his hands and the Pacers looked lost.

It might be recency bias and super team effect but Idk why we would have to trade DSJ if we drafted Doncic. Even if Doncic isn't drafted I can promise everyone here DSJ will play off ball next year just like this year and I'd rather that player with the ball be Doncic or in the future a starting caliber player not simply a backup pg and not a 2nd 6'0 pg at that. The only requirement to make it work is that both players become great at playing off the ball with cuts and 3pt ability. And I see no reason both shouldn't be fantastic at that?
Personally, I think it's only an issue if they either both A. Can't shoot or B play defense. I understand that out of the top 5 prospects, 3-4 are centers which immediately screams ideal fit + BPA. I just think at the end of the day, you don't pass on a player like Doncic. But that assumes you believe, like I do, that he is on another level.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote