View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 10:22 AM   #824
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Yes! It should be a rule that the Mavs always have a German big on their team in honor of Dirk...

but in all seriousness, we need to upgrade our bigs and we need to take a shotgun approach. We can get upgrades there by

1. trading THJ
2. through FA get some young and/or vet bigs for cheap
3. I believe we absolutely need a young big to draft and develop this year.
I think we have the smaller exception to use this summer most likely which is like 4.5m. Which is more than enough to get Hartenstein or someone of his ilk. Just a question of whether Cubes will pay the tax. But if they can get another big by trading THJ that’s probably their ideal scenario.

I’d be happy if we drafted a young big but wouldn’t want to rely on them to play serious minutes as a rookie, especially where we’ll be drafting. Usually takes them a couple years for guys like Claxton, Gafford, Mitchell Robinson to be consistent and not too foul prone

Last edited by mac222b; 04-08-2022 at 10:28 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote