Thread: 2012 draft
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #34
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DN1 View Post
I don't think Cuban and Nelson will get rid of either player anytime soon. They're clearly making stupid decisions regarding players other than the ones that actually need to be dealt. Like Roddy, Terry, and Haywood.

If we got rid of those 3 this offseason we could get some pretty good players in return. Roddy still has a lot of potential but it won't be met in Dallas, his style of playing isn't for the Mavs. Terry is clearly going downhill and in my opinion isn't wanting to play in Dallas right now. If Haywood is everyones idea of Dallas' great center then everyones completely stupid, his contract is way too much for a player that isn't a consistent rebound and just clogs the paint. We could easily clear up cap room with him gone and replace him with a better center and at worst a center with the same skills as himself.

Are you familiar with this sport at all?

1. Terry can't be "dealt" this offseason. He'll be a free agent. Either we re-sign him or we don't (I vote for the latter); it's possible we could get something back in the form of a S&T, but the returns would probably be minimal.
2. Unless Roddy is part of a package for an even better guard, I'm not sure why you would trade him this offseason, when his trade value is probably low, and your starting PG and 6th man SG are both potentially leaving via free agency.
3. If it's so easy to get a better center than Haywood, why would anyone give up anything in trade for him? I still think he's a strong candidate to be amnestied, if and only if the Mavs have something in place to use that cap space on an upgrade.
4. As for Donnie & Cuban's "stupid decisions"--they let Chandler go over money, which I didn't like but understood; Barea & Butler got overpaid elsewhere; West, Wright, and even Yi have been solid finds for the league minimum, and Carter hasn't been bad either, especially considering his future years are all team options. The only "stupid decision" was trading for Odom, and that is only stupid in hindsight--find me ONE person (other than perhaps Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian) who were not excited about that deal when it happened?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote