View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 07:14 AM   #212
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
and in few years will still be saying that?

it just feels like for 4 years now the consistent response is we don't have enough talent to compete.

I mean we all appreciate what the Mavs have done this year but opportunities to get to the finals or even the WCF's again aren't guaranteed.

I'm enjoying this run but it's gut wrenching to blow a 19 point lead because if you close out this game then you go back home 1-1.

Just a tough pill to swallow and instead of focusing on the future down the road hopefully the team is saying why not us right now
I totally agree there is no guarantee and we might not make it back at any point during the Luka/Mavs era if we don't actually build a team around him. Having said that, my point still stands that we will look back in a few years when many of the current roster are out of the league and wonder how did Luka take them this far or Finals if we rally. I will never get over the failure to turnover the roster and lock down a young core around Luka in the 2019/2020 period.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote