View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 09:41 AM   #124
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Next game will determine the series. If we can win the next game, then it's game 6 in Dallas in which we will kick their asses. Then it's a crap shoot game 7.

We can do this. I feel like the series has been a dud until last night and not just because we have been losing. You could feel the lack of energy amongst the players and fans. That has changed.

Time to win this in 7.
Totally agree.

Some observations:
  • When you are up 29 points, it is difficult to keep your foot on the gas. I don't think it is surprising that the lead evaporated to some extent. Down to eight points is way too close, but I think you begin to mentally coast and then it is difficult to reengage.
  • The Warriors deep bench is really good. Hopefuly, this is a lesson learned for the Mavs. The GSW have no scrubs.
  • Mavs won with a combination of better 3-point shooting and drives to the basket. That's a good combination, but you need a Plan B if the outside shooting goes south on you.
  • Rebounding was much better. Looney was larginally marginalized with only 6 rebounds and 3 points. Wiggins also came back to earth. Curry only scored 20 points. Better defense by Bullock?
  • Second point about Wiggins and Looney. Why would we expect them to continue to play like Games 1-3 when game 4 is more like their typical game during the regular season? Both were a bit low in game 4, but they were both having an outstanding series up to last night. Regression back to their average performance seems to be likely and not surprising. I expect them to be better in Game 5, but not at the same level as Games 1-3.
  • Mavs just need to find a way to steal game 5. Win ugly if you have to, but just win. Definitely doable.
  • I actually think the comeback by the Warriors helps the Mavs. In two games (2 and 4) they have now seen that no lead is safe. Kidd should be able to use that as a motivator.
  • Game 5 is the critical game. All the pressure is on the Warriors. Not many (any?) pundits expected the Mavs to win this series. If the Warriors lose game 5, the entire outlook on this series changes dramatically.
  • I think it is going seven games.

Last edited by purplefrog; 05-25-2022 at 09:49 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote