Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 12:21 PM   #56
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Josh was a 5-star recruit, top 10-20 in his class. So it’s not like he’s without pedigree. He was really good in his one season at Arizona. Of course lots of guys turn 21 that are athletic. I was just using Dodo as a convenient comparison of a guy we/the Mavs could’ve easily given up on. There were literally a few regular season games we don’t win with Josh Green this season. It’s easy to forget how impressive he looked at times in what was essentially his rookie season. He’s going to be better than Saddiq Bey. He’s probably not going to be better than Maxey. I think we were planning to take Bane at 31 but Memphis jumped us. I wanted Precious in that draft. In fact, I wanted Saddiq, Precious and Maxey over Josh. But now that he’s here I’m not going hold that against him. He’s going to be a really good player.
But many of us who did our own "advanced" scouting knew Green was very raw. I didn't call him Justin Anderson 2.0 for nothing. Anderson was actually more polished sadly.

He isn't going to be better than Bey because Bey has a more complete game despite his shooting falling off. Green is deer in headlights and has no concept on how to pace himself in the NBA. Just be honest...Green is a bust. Maybe that changes, but I don't see it. I'd move him to get veteran type player. But Frank played better than him in the playoffs, and Frank isn't Mr. contributes all the time himself.

I think the upcoming draft will be different without Donnie and a GM that isn't asleep at the wheel. I just HOPE they don't pass on someone obvious for some long term prospect that won't play.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote