Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 07:03 PM   #1374
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Finley was a much better ball handler than THJ though even if he was mediocre at it. Problem with Fin is he had the same move every time against the defender. Ball up, out, down, then drive. Too predictable.

As far as this Dale Ellis thing goes...Seattle's Ellis, hell yes over Finley. Dallas's Ellis wasn't that player, so Fin for sure.
Ellis was on the verge of a major breakout with the Mavs, but they were simply too deep for him to take on a major role.
He was a legit starter, but no way was he moving Blackman or Aquirre to the bench.
They were in a position where they had to move him.

But damn...the Mavs made the worst trade in Mavs history (imo) when they traded Dale Ellis for Al Wood. That might be one of the most memorable unbalanced trades in NBA history for some of us old-timers.

They had a similar situation shortly after with Schrempf. They botched that one too by trading him and a 2nd rounder (Antonio Davis) for Herb Williams.

Mark Price for a 2nd rounder was another stupid move the Mavs made.

But to be honest, I'd take Schrempf over Fin in my dream 12.
My internal debate was between Schrempf and Ellis in my initial post.

Last edited by rimrocker; 08-01-2022 at 09:06 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote