View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 10:55 AM   #123
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
The guys the Mavs have been relying on for the past 3+ years are not NBA starting caliber players. Most are one trick ponies with limited skillsets. Also, they aren't as young as they used to be, so they are on the downhill side of their prime physical condition/skills. What we saw a couple of years ago was nothing more than a happy coincidence of several spare parts who shot at career high levels. Those happy days are behind them. None of those players will ever be as productive or efficient as they were then. That's reality. I'm talking about the non-Luka, KP, Brunson players like THJ, Maxi, Powell, DFS.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I was just simply pointing out we have guys who have shown to be really good 3pt shooters over their careers and have just shit the bed here. It could def be a roster construction issue as you allude to, as perhaps these guys thrived in lesser roles and now we have an assortment of them.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote