View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 07:34 AM   #186
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
If Brunson leaves, it'll be because of money, not because his ego won't let him play 2nd fiddle to one of the top 5 players in the league.

I'll just come right out and say that I think Brunson is playing WAY over his head right now. He's playing like a superstar against a piss poor perimeter defense that has zero answer for him. Basically he's 2003 Nick Van Exel against the Kings.

But he is a just quality starting guard. I don't expect him to ever be an all-star. And considering his path to this point in his career- drafted in the 2nd round, just been a role player until his mini-breakout this year- I don't think he all of a sudden is going to chafe at being 2nd fiddle to a megastar like Luka- whom as you mentioned, he seems to be buddies with.

All that being said, the Mavs absolutely, 100% need to do everything they can to keep Brunson. Even though you'll probably have to overpay, the worst thing you can do is let him walk and get nothing back. You can always move a bad contract if you need to, but losing one of your best players for nothing? History has shown us that that is ALWAYS a terrible move.
This is the best post on the board!!!!!!
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote