View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 09:35 AM   #208
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I know this is going to sound critical of Luka but if you go back and watch the prior two games you'll notice the mavs offense had terrific ball movement.

In a sense they were looking more uptempo and aggressive which made it hard for Utah to play defense because they were always scrambling to either help on the penatrator or get back out to the open shooter.

With Luka the mavs are very predictable on offense and Utah's bigs can stay on the floor much better.

Luka is a great talent no doubt but I'm not sure the isolation sets or PNR sets with Powell is best for this series.

Mavs might very well win this series because they are the better team but I feel it will be more of grind type of game with luka as opposed to the style of play with Brunson as the lead dog.

If this makes sense in football terms with luka it's more of run the ball control the pace type of game.

Without luka is more of attack downfield quickly and exploit the jazz lack of coverage.

You can win with either style no doubt but you just look much better imo as a team with that game 2 and 3 style of play.

I guess that's why I love watching the Warriors they have a terrific system that utilizes very few iso sets.
That was going to be my worry too. It’s also hard to build a lead that way in the playoffs as well. Also don’t want Jalen deferring when Luka is in.