View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 09:57 AM   #192
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I enjoy a hot take. I agree with most of what you're saying...except JB playing way over his head. It IS against a lackluster perimeter team, but there's a beast waiting in the paint. The best shot blocker in the game that he's had to navigate. He may fall back to earth a bit at some point in the playoffs, but the ground isn't very far. He's been trending up and the real test that we were all eager to see was always the playoffs. He's passed with flying colors and picked up his level of play even more so when we needed him most. Stepping in for Luka is a massive ask...and he's carried the team in crucial moments.

We definitely can't let him slip away. The only way he leaves because of money is if some team see him as a super-star and will go beyond 25m. I could be qrong but I think 25m is the new bar that the Mavs are willing to chase him to.
His asking price will be high no doubt but I still think there is the factor of playing in Luka's shadows. The fact he is capable of playing at an all-star level without Luka in crucial games makes it even more concerning to me that he could sign elsewhere.

Brunson is certainly on the fringes of being an all-star and his chances will be even greater playing on a Lukaless team as a primary leader...especially somewhere like NY.

Again, I don't think merely matching an offer will necessarily cut it. I think we'll have to beat any offer.
NY seems to have had an interest in Brunson for a while now and I can see them making a premium offer, one that I'm not sure Cuban will attempt to beat.
This could become another Nash situation.

Last edited by rimrocker; 04-24-2022 at 10:03 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote