View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 12:55 PM   #214
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
If you get a chance to rewatch the game, I’d love your input on how many of the 6 fouls on Kleber were legit. I feel a few in the first half were really soft calls that didn’t need to be called but were called anyway to set a tone for the rest of the game.
Yea I agree for sure. I mentioned this in on of my replies last night. 2 of those maybe 3 of those were fn bs IMO. You can have essentially half the fouls you call on a player who fouled out be really suspect...in a playoff game.

That said, Maxi was in a fn trance in the 4th. He was staring at nothing for a long time when he went off the floor after his 5th foul. When things aren't coming easy for him, he gets sluggish and slow to react and generally seems super stoned. I watched him sit down and stare into the void mumbling something to himself in som weird trance and I kept thinking, this dudes not right. He needs to break his negative concentration, get up, get some Gatorade, splash some water on his face and engage in the Huddles and talk to team/staff....anything to shake the negativity. It's the fn playoffs. Focus on how he is engaged defensively when he's hitting his shots. He's active and very mobile, anticipating plays and switches. When he's off, he is slow to react, over thinks every single movement on both ends and looks almost lost.

I absolutely love what he did in game 2 and most of game 3, but I'm ready for someone else more dependable. How a 7 footer that can defend smaller guys so well on the perimeter can't mix up his offense even a little bit more. Like dude is 5 feet off the 3pt line instead of a foot behind it, Gobert desperately closes out and leaves his feet and he let's it fly anyway. Instead, pump fake and floor it as Gobert is flying by. I've seen rec players who can't dribble for shit execute that play. It's not like he can't do it, it's that he's frazzled and short circuiting mentally. He needs a bounce back game so we can spread Utah back out.

But if we are relying on Maxi to save us, we are chocolate fvcked!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 04-24-2022 at 12:58 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote