View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 05:06 PM   #11
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I'm rooting for the Mavs big time, but this entire series is an uphill battle. On paper, I'd expect the series to last no more than 6 games with Phoenix winning. Personally, I think Brunson is the biggest factor as to whether or not the Mavs win. We really need Luka, Brunson, and Dinwiddie to score 65+/game to win imo.

I know I've been critical of Brunson's play against length and athleticism under which he has regularly disappeared. I have a napkin and some utensils ready to feast on a huge helping of crow if he can continue his torrid scoring pace. I am not optimistic, but I'll be rooting for him to make a big impact and earn some major bank. I really do think he's the biggest key to the series. Regardless of how great the defense is, a team has to outscore the opponent.

If I were Phoenix, I'd put Bridges on Brunson and try and shut him down. If Brunson is neutralized, then somebody else would have to step up, and that is probably Dinwiddie who has been pressing too much. I hope it's a fun series, and the Mavs should find lightning in a bottle at least twice in 6 games.
Go Mavs!

Last edited by turin; 05-02-2022 at 05:07 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote