View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 09:34 AM   #131
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Holy hell boys and girls, it's one game. Calm down with the sky is falling talk.

Yea, this one wasn't particularly close, despite the few efforts to cut the lead into single digits. But, I see plenty of opportunity for this Mavs squad to be very competitive in this one.

First, hats of to the Suns who simply weren't missing a lot of shots. 100% from the line where we missed 7 - oh lookie there, the difference in the game. Aside from that, encouraging they wish to play Luka like they did, as he will get his and guys will keep getting open looks. The other guys just need to simply make more. Maxi won't come out and hit 5+ threes a game but plenty of room for improvement for guys like DFS, JB, Bullock, Dinwiddie, etc. to hit some damn shots.

I don't subscribe to the JB slander just yet. Sure, the Suns are a longer/bigger defending team. However, JB missed a lot around the rim and the Suns then collapsed the outside for him. Again, would help for him to make a couple 3's to open up his game, but I didn't see him bottled up the same way as last year.

Defense. Have to be better, and I'm most concerned inside. Ayton and even McGee offer a different beast to tame on offense than Gobert. I thought guys were flying around the perimeter and they did get some open looks. But again, as good of a shooting team that PHX is I just don't see them hitting shots at that clip all series.

There's definitely a path for the Mavs to pull this one off. A game 2 adjustment and W would be HUGE. Let's also not discount that place was rocking and we are back to having full fledge home court advantage for sure. Can't wait to see the AAC the same.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote