View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 02:09 PM   #152
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't mind being overmatched. What I cannot abide by is Powell just simply not showing up. People talk ad nauseam about his effort, and then he goes and gets 5 fouls in 13 minutes? That's a g league player never having played in the NBA before kinda stuff. He has a severely low BBIQ.

Chriss had 5 points and 2 rebounds in 5 minutes. Sure, garbage minutes, but Powell has ONE rebound in 29 minutes of play in this series.

At this point, I'm pinning any minutes Powell gets from here out on Kidd. Stop playing him. Period.
Yeah I read this morning about Powell. I expected some slippage without KP but good lord not this much slippage

Dwight Powell is a good basketball player, but he cannot play in this series, or at least not start. He provides all of the weaknesses of a traditional big without providing the strengths and that’s been highlighted against Phoenix. The decision to play a traditional big is generally a question of if improved rim protection and rebounding is worth losing spacing and ball handling. Powell has one rebound in two games. Marquese Chriss has more rebounds than Powell despite playing a total of five minutes. Powell has not blocked a shot or gotten a steal. The Suns are shooting 70.6 percent at the rim when Powell is the closest defender.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote