Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 12:36 PM   #86
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Interesting information on Myles Turner

Didn't realize that Turner much like KP in the last 3 years has missed many games. I think he's a solid player but if the Mavs decided that availability was also a key reason why they needed to move on from KP then Turner might raise some red flags.

The more you think about it the safest option and the cheaper option IMO might very well be Mo Bamba

He has gradually improved every year in the league and over the past 3-4 of this season dude really became a force for Orlando. Mavs don't need a big name at Center just an upgrade over fucking Dwight Powell. Bamba avg 10 ppg, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks per game and shot 38% on 3's so you can still run a 5 out offense with him.

I think his game would even elevate more playing with Luka.

That should be the target at Center this offseason and that 26th pick should be used to try and find another playable wing with some length.

Honestly, I'm fine with Dinwiddie being the 6th man but I would try to find a trade partner for THJ just to get out of that contract.

I also think Green and Frank are both still capable of improving their jump shots. They are still both really young and can handle the ball + play defense. They could be two key contributors net year if they get up to 35% shooting from three.

Mavs bench if unable to trade THJ and with improved shooting by Green and Frank could be solid

Kleber
Green
THJ
Frank
Dinwiddie

I'd also look into seeing if Kidd could salvage the career of Dennis Smith Jr. I just think Rick didn't handle that situation very well and he could be a guy who can also attack the rim and play defense off your bench. We could always use a guy who can stay in front of opposing PG's
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote