Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 12:09 AM   #103
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
We need to quit with the Josh Green is young narrative. Go to Hoop Hype and they have a listing of 40 players all rated much higher than Josh that were born the year before Josh 1999 to 2022 (2 calendar years after Josh who was born in 2020). That is at least 40 players that are contemporaries of Josh. He is not a unicorn in terms of age for gods sake.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-global-rating-age/

As a reminder Luka, Saddiq, Jordan Poole, Ja et al were born the year before Josh. His is not a teenager.

Bottom line: The thought that Josh hasn't developed or played much because he is young is mixing up correlation with causation. He doesn't play because he is not good. It is not the other way around.
Bingo. Some people still cling onto Green because of how bad that draft was for us, so I can't really blame them. He and Powell suffer from plays well against bad teams syndrome. And then we all get a glimmer of hope only to be let down when it really matters.

I mean, I'd keep Green over Powell, but it makes more sense to move him for someone more polished if possible.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote