View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #55
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibivibiv View Post
Motion to stop using the word/letters CBA as supporting evidence until a few years from now. Apparently we are the only team who cares about it this year. Just about everyone else of consequence is still spending like there is no tomorrow. I am curious to see if it really ends up hurting those teams or if this new CBA just further limited who can overspend to those mega teams that can afford the super tax and will attract big names always.
True other teams are locking themselves up 3 seasons from now(Knicks with Kidd and Camby), around when the stringent taxes hit as well as the exceptions start to disappear if over the lux tax. The sign and trade option also disappears when over this threshold. Mavs are just waiting to buy low when the time comes. I mean we got an OJ Mayo dropped into our laps when 4-24 were tossed around his camp. Who knows what happens when teams start to get handicapped because of the lux tax rules. Seems to me Cuban's more afraid of the handicaps that limit player movement, loss of MLE, loss of sign and trades, than he is of the lux tax.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote