View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #8
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Mavs future Gameplan - any ideas

Let me start by saying that I agree with you dalmations202.

I agree that Howard should be our clean-up guy. He is PERFECT for that.

I have 2 ideas, one short-term and one long-term.

Short-Term:

Terry is one of the best shooters in this league. He should be our spot up, hence we play him the 2 position. We don’t wan to lose size so we play Daniels as 1 (which I think is his best position). Howard at 3, Dirk at 4 and Damp at 5. This will help us immediately next year and is a great lineup for us. Great defensively and average offensively.

We come of the bench with Stack, KVH and Devin, which makes us great offensively.

My theory is that we don’t need to have our starting lineup capable of doing ALL like the spurs. But that is CRAPPY.

Long-Term:

Devin is THE key. He is a GREAT slasher with an improving shot. Howard is our main defender.

We need him to improve his three like Bruce Bowen did. Bruce was a crappy shooter and still is, but he gets so many open shots which give him a good percentage.

Dirk is soo dangerous that he doesn’t need to be a post player. We need him to make a couple of post plays a game, but more importantly, take his big defender out of the paint. That makes Howard’s rebounding job easier and Devin’s slashing job easier.

The thing is, I can’t complete my idea with the current lineup we have because I believe it will not stay the same. KVH, stack and terry are trade bait. And I am glad.

I want Terry to be traded for a good 2 that can shoot and defend, a great fit will be Cuttino Mobley (But I can only dream).

I also want KVH traded for some athletic big, and I want stack to be traded for a solid2/3 that is athletic as hell.

Am I being realistic? I doubt, but I say that Devin’s improvement and effectiveness will determine the future of the Mavs.

I hope I didn’t bore you, but I only was trying to write as much as dalmations202 wrote because he put in it a lot of effort and I appreciate him sharing his thoughts with us. Hope u feel the same way bout mine.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote