View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 03:43 AM   #34
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Thats exactly what I was thinking, I dont think Sanders was the best rb ever but since you said arguably i definitely agree with that. I think its a 4 man conversation and hes one of the 4.(sanders, Payton, Brown, Smith) He also had arguably the best individual season in college history with 2500+ yards rushing. Reggie Bush is a poor mans Brian Westbrook, not Barry Sanders. The difference between the two is that when, and if barry needed to run in between the tackles, he could. Bush cant. Plus as good as Bush is in space, hes still not as good as Barry was.
The stat I remember (or thought I'd remembered) about Barry's big year was that he scored 37 tds...37! After double checking, it was actually 39, or 8 more than any other player has scored in a single season in NCAA football.

And I highly doubt that UT would be undefeated had they just played the first six or seven games of Florida's schedule instead of their own. SEC is hands down the toughest conference in football this year, and as a result probably will not have a representative in the national title game to show for it. I think USC wins out, and the winner of Ohio St. & Michigan will be undefeated [presuming Michigan doesn't choke first].
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote